Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chick-Fil-A's Overabundant Salad

After avoiding the new salads at Chick-Fil-A since they replaced my favorite Southwest salad, I tried the Market Grill Salad today. 

In addition to the customary lettuce and chicken, the salad also had blue cheese crumbles, apples, blueberries, and strawberries.  Not stoppng there, CFA also added toppers of roasted nuts and granola mix. It was almost like I was heading to summer camp and my mom had packed a little bit of everything since she didn't want me to be hungry and didn't know what I wanted.

It was an odd eating experience. I couldn't bring myself to use the recommended zesty apple cider dressing nor could I mix all that stuff together.  I basically took the approach of a 2-year old kid and ate everything separately. Apples, strawberries, blueberries, then the chicken, cheese, and lettuce, followed by the packages of nuts and granola as a weird dessert.

When I did slip up and mix the multitude of ingredients together, they really didn't complement or blend well with each other.  Maybe it was because I didn't go with the recommended dressing, but I don't think I'll be trying this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment